• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Rod builds.

Just my two penneth, try & use a rod builder who will be able to offer you some back up further down the line. I had 2 torrix rods built for use on the Trent maybe 7 years back paid about 700 quid for the pair. Anyway a couple of years back I slipped on the rocks going down to my peg & knocked myself out. When I came round I found I'd snapped the butt section on one of my beloved rods. So I rang the said rod builder only to be told he couldn't help me he'd retired.. So now I have one Torrix even with my name on the blank. Bought myself a couple of Century rods off the peg, at least if I break one I can still buy the replacement..

Harrison's will be able to supply you with a replacement butt section Steve - give them a call.

Harrison's will be able to supply you with a replacement butt section Steve - give them a call.
He would be better off taking it with the other rod to another builder and ask them to copy it. Harrison can supply the blank and they’ll likely build a Butt section but they don’t get involved in the custom stuff. Writing, whipping colours, collars and caps, ring types Reel seats etc I doubt they’ll get involved at that level.
Phoning them could still prove useful mind as they will probably provide the information on a builder that would look at it. A lot of builders won’t touch rods that they haven’t built themselves so that information would save some time.

Back