• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New River Reports

Paul Whiteing

Administrator
Staff member
I updated the forum so we have a new set of River Reports for 2017-18, the 2016-17 ones are now archived and locked.

BUT it means the links are broken from the menu - sorry guys, that's something Andy has to fix :eek:

Consider a slapping around one's face wi' a wet fish :D

18.05 caught Chris Whapshott in October 2016, 18.05 caught Chris Wylot in November 2016. Same fish, both friends of mine.
If you click on the link 'barbel' within the list, it gives expanded details of both captures.

I photographed and weighed with witnesses Chris Whapshott's 18.05 in Oct 2017 and instantly recognised it as a fish I caught two years previously at 16lb. It also appeared in Angler's Mail. The second capture by my pal Chris Wylot was also witnessed. Just a matter of historical record really, suit yourself!

I photographed and weighed with witnesses Chris Whapshott's 18.05 in Oct 2017 and instantly recognised it as a fish I caught two years previously at 16lb. It also appeared in Angler's Mail. The second capture by my pal Chris Wylot was also witnessed. Just a matter of historical record really, suit yourself!

Hi Steve, is your real name Dr Who :D;):D

Yes, I understand that these were/are in the frame, but the records list captures are ratified records - Guy Robb's fish still stands.

I'm in no way disputing these, but as I said, not sure who "does" the records list at the moment.

Just wondering what the ratification process is?

Stephen

Hi there,

Thanks to Paul for sorting all the new river reports. I've fixed the links now (sorry about the delay, I've been away).

All the river record claims are verified by a team from the Barbel Society. BFW pass record claims to this team and work with the BS to ensure there's a single published list in existence.

Here are more details:

https://barbel.co.uk/site/articles/claim.htm

Thanks,

Andy F

Andy... for me (and others maybe???) the link to river reports works fine from the Home Page, but not from, say, Barbel Talk.
ATVB
Terry

The link from Barbel Talk to River Reports still doesn't work on my laptop. It works fine from Home Page though!
ATVB
Terry

Back