• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

new Reels

Steve Foran

hi iam looking to by some new reels, iam looking at the shimano 6000D. his anybody using them,? what do you think of them,? iam currently using shimano XTR RA 6000. cheers steve.

hi iam looking to by some new reels, iam looking at the shimano 6000D. his anybody using them,? what do you think of them,? iam currently using shimano XTR RA 6000. cheers steve.

I use shimano 6000 Ra's Steve, Aero 6010's before that, that have served me well for 13 years, now relgated to my pike rods. The bail arm springs were replaced on both the aero's after about 8 & 9 years respectivley, the replacements are the uprated brass type that Felindre supplied the old aluminium type had a reputation for failing, but on mine took eight and nine years fishing most weekends and a fair bit in between so i couldn't complain.
Any of the 6000 range or higher, in my opinion are more than up to the job, i never have them serviced, i just clean them and oil them once a year.

Ian.

6000D's are the best reels I've owned for barbel. 4000D's a touch too small for my winching in the mothership aspirations.

Fantastic clutch.

been using a 6000 deu for six months now best reel and still the smothest clutch ive ever used. used to think the fox stratos fs were good but they only last me , well not long . had heard the line lay was not to good but not had any problems

Back