• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ā€˜Registerā€™ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New PB!

I did laugh though at the look on your face when I told you that its spines would get you! If only we had scales sensitive enough to record it accurately, I reckon it was a record given that it officially stands at 1oz.

I love them, used to catch them with my hands in the river ver, proper good bit of livebait for perch as well

Love a bullhead, caught loads fishing the small streams I often do. Also caught them on the River Leam. There is a bridge over a shallow stream me and my son fish that always contain bullheads and they will literally fight over the maggots. Can actually have multiple captures. I've weighed the decent ones I've caught in the past and go nowhere near an ounce, they are not the dense as most of the weight appears to be in the head :) think my best is just shy of half an once although cannot find the pic at the minute.

IMG_8492.JPG

IMG_4130.JPG

1604306367884.png

Lovely little critters, catch a few on The River Marden. Kristian Price, a lad who used to post on here, showed me a picture of a huge one he caught there on a lobworm, it was the biggest one Iā€™ve ever seen !!!

Attachments

• 5E93FE13-4CCF-4C07-AC4F-19E0D39FEBAC.jpeg
    5E93FE13-4CCF-4C07-AC4F-19E0D39FEBAC.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 221
I get lots of them Riverfly testing ,sometimes half a dozen of various sizes. I always smile when I see them in the sample tray. The pitbull of the mini species. With a tray full of Invertebrates the Bullhead often carry on feeding, chasing and chomping the shrimp aggressively. I kept finding clumps of small brown eggs in crevices in rocks. I thought they were snail eggs but found that Bullheads lay their eggs like that . They would make great Aquarium fish for youngsters.

Back