• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

new membership trent

Gary Wagstaff

i will be looking at retirement for the start of the next season .i am looking to buy a new membership for the trent to do a few nights .
have been looking at Midland AS 2 hours drive from wigan can anybody give me any info how safe it is doing nights on there.
any info on parking and can i barrow my gear to pegs.
PM if you require
thanks as always
gary

i will be looking at retirement for the start of the next season .i am looking to buy a new membership for the trent to do a few nights .
have been looking at Midland AS 2 hours drive from wigan can anybody give me any info how safe it is doing nights on there.
any info on parking and can i barrow my gear to pegs.
PM if you require
thanks as always
gary
I would say that it is very safe on the Midland AS water. Also there is parking at the pegs on the road side section which are also barbel pegs. Not hugely prolific though. Nottingham Federation of Anglers also have safe venues where you can fish all night. Pentons field (bit of a walk), Clifton Bridge (park behind pegs) and Thrumpton (short walk). Nottingham AA also have some venues worth fishing but you would need an additional night permit at £50.

Hope this helps.

Back