• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hi All,

New membe here, used to be a member a few yrs back but gave up barbel fishing for Match fishings.

Now moving slowly back to my love of fishing rivers.

Will be fishing the Anker, Tame and Avon.

Cant wait to have my fish session even if i blank.

hopefully speak to you all soon.

martin

Welcome back to the fold :)

I am sure you will not blank.

Loads of great advice on here but be sure to put your thick skinned coat on before entering :D

Jy

thanks John,

i know about the thick skinned jacket already. as member of a few match fishing site and some of those guys can be quite brutal at times.

Hi men,

Martin , enjoy the site again , there tends to be less bickering these days with real names :) .

Hatter

God that's a relief. Initially I thought this was a question about plastic surgery. Welcome (back) Martin and enjoy your fishing and the forum.

Welcome back Martin, mate of mine fishes the Anker but is not on here, I guess you are a Tamworth boy??

Welcome Martin

If you are a reformed match angler, make sure you add a few lbs to your like strength.

Otherwise you will be accused of all sorts!

Martin, Keith means it's a against the law (barbel police) to fish for barbel with less than 8lb line :eek:

ohhhh thanks ian, so i take it 10Lb sensor line is fine?

bit out of sorts with barbel fishing. started planning a trip at weekend for Barbel then realised i had no hooks good enough for barbel.

Back