• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Danny Ash

Evening all, just wanted to take the time to say hello to everyone, after 15 years of mostly carp fishing I made the decision to have a go for other species on the rivers. Looking to flutter between fishing for barbel to float fishing for chub and other species. Hoping to get some much needed tips and info off more experienced anglers to help me on my way. Currently live in Staffordshire and have some stretches of the dove, sow, churnet and the Trent to name a few. Iv done 2 sessions so far on the dove and managed a few small chub on the float, apart from that its been quiet to say the least, I'm sure the 10-12 weeks of raging sunshine hasn't done any good to the overall fishing conditions, but due to never setting foot on a river before I have no prior knowledge or anything to compare to. Cant help but think about the levels of oxygen in the water at the moment. Anyways I can't wait to really get stuck in and get to know the rivers a bit more, thanks in advance.
Dan

Welcome Danny :)

Back