• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New member saying Hi!

Gary Short

New member saying Hi.
Surrey based born again angler after 20 yr break. Been getting back into it over the last year or so & fishing for anything that swims.
First ever (small) barbel this summer & another baby one in December.
Bitten by the bug & planning to target them on various venues in '22.
Warning - may ask stupid questions.

Welcome Gary,
If you are just getting started again, as I did a few years ago, you will find some great kit in the classified section. Everything I have purchased from members has been great value and they will happily answer any questions before you purchase.
Plus the shop is handy for those essential little items.
Have a good year.
Mike

Welcome Gary,
If you are just getting started again, as I did a few years ago, you will find some great kit in the classified section. Everything I have purchased from members has been great value and they will happily answer any questions before you purchase.
Plus the shop is handy for those essential little items.
Have a good year.
Mike
Totally agree, ive bought some quality gear off here at great prices 👍

Welcome, I'm also new here and found the help invaluable. Importantly, unlike other forums I had tried in the past, I have yet to experience the tribalisation of one or more groups fighting each other and everyone has been friendly.

Also the no naming waters rule you get on some forums is insane. I appreciate it's important to not divulge the exact spot or even stretch fished, but not even naming a river? Some sites instead of sensibly not divulging key information, go to full on paranoia.
Here you will find useful information, friendly advise, as well as great knowledge and experience accross all generation of fishing persons.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, but also to feedback your own experiences. We can all learn from each other, no matter the level of experience.

Back