• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New member introducing myself

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
Hello everyone.
First post on here. Thought I’d start off with a polite introduction.
Live just outside of Cambridge and have been a keen river fisherman for the last 25 years and 15 of those have been in search of our bronze whisker friends. I’ve had a fair few nice doubles grace my net over the years along with plenty of twitchless sessions to keep me on my toes. I’m fishing the Peterborough Nene this season and so far I’ve done ok with my 2019 season best sitting at 13,3. I really look forward to joining in on some of the discussions with you fellow barbel anglers
Take care and Tight lines.

Rich. 👍

Hi Richard and welcome, we don't get many Nene anglers posting on here so look forward to hearing some of your exploits, especially as Im based in Essex so the Nene is one of the few rivers I can reach for a day trip. Have been thinking about the Caster backwater this autumn, assume you have fished it ?

Hi Richard and welcome, we don't get many Nene anglers posting on here so look forward to hearing some of your exploits, especially as Im based in Essex so the Nene is one of the few rivers I can reach for a day trip. Have been thinking about the Caster backwater this autumn, assume you have fished it ?
Cheers Cliff.
I haven’t tried caster yet although it’s on the ticket and the short list definitely.
I’ve been spending just a few evenings on the main river not too far from Elton. It’s a new river to me so there has been more blanks than wet nets but recently with a drop of extra water in it I’ve had a few play the game. local Knowledge is the key and the other anglers on the banks have been great.

Welcome to BFW Richard :)

There's a River Nene River Report thread where you can hopefully discuss the river with others, although it's never been one of the "popular" threads on here of late for some reason.

River Nene river report for 2019-20

Back