• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New homes, LOW river levels.

Richard Barrett

Where I live these is a proposal for 4,000 new homes over then next few years. Now its a simple question, but rarely asked. WHERE WILL THE WATER COME FROM for all those people to wash, toilet, car washing etc. The local river is the Witham that suffers with low levels in summer anyway. Lets say it's another 20,000 people using just/only 20 litres every day.?
Is it happening near you too?
Do we need proposals for more reservoirs in all areas of large building plans?

Rich.

Richard,

Very good question but I assume that the developers, Council etc. just presume that the water supply will be available. You could also ask about other infrastructure - local shops, schools, doctors, dentists - after all it is a fairly large village at 4000 homes! Doubtless the developers will promise it all but then just pay a small fine when they don't deliver what was promised in their original plans.....

Dave

Where I live these is a proposal for 4,000 new homes over then next few years. Now its a simple question, but rarely asked. WHERE WILL THE WATER COME FROM for all those people to wash, toilet, car washing etc. The local river is the Witham that suffers with low levels in summer anyway. Lets say it's another 20,000 people using just/only 20 litres every day.?
Is it happening near you too?
Do we need proposals for more reservoirs in all areas of large building plans?

Rich.
A very good question raised, up here in N Yorks, the council are trying push through 3000 new homes around Whixley, the Hammertons and Cattal plus a new massive sugar beet processing plant near the A1 , both of which will have serious implications for the Nidd and Ouse which are seriously low now as I write.
I believe that all the sugar beet plant will be allowed to abstract 1000s of gallons out the Nidd.
www.stopthebeetfactory.co.uk

Here in Shrewsbury, if the current development continues, there will be 1.2 homes PER PERSON!
Madness. I don't know where all these people are coming from or where they're going to work.

Embrace the enrichment or stop voting for political parties who are in favour of EU freedom of movement and other seemingly unlimited immigration.
That's Conservatives, Labour, Greens and the Lib dems.

We need to stop rewarding young girls from having babies in this country. They know that if they want their own place, all they need to do is get themselves pregnant, go running to the council telling them that their parents have thrown them out & they will be housed & given money to live on courtesy of the hard working tax payer.

Back