• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Gardner net and pole review....

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Steve, for taking time to write up the review.

I use the net, and like it so far. My screws haven't yet become loose (well, the ones on the net haven't) but I'll look out for it - so thanks also for the heads up.

There's a thread on handles currently on BFW and the handle (which I don't own) gets mixed reviews, though most are positive.

Rich I would get on that case of those screws before the net head drifts off with your p.b. into the distance!

My screws became loose. Used a bit of superglue which has been fine for a couple of years but they've worked loose again, so I'll try something like an epoxy resin this time.

About 3 years ago, the spreader block broke. I'd landed an 11lb barbel from a high bank, and when I came to unscrew the net at the end of the session, the screw part just sheared off! Gardner were excellent and sent me a new one overnight and explained they'd had a bad batch, and the new ones were fine. No problems since and if I lost it I'd buy the same again.

As my old gardner net used to attract every shrub for miles around to it, resulting in a tear. I replaced it with the same model but the new one dosent have any of the screws that had been problematic on the old one so i guess gardner have now sorted that small problem out.

Back