• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

NEW Front Page Kennet Barbel

What a super fish well done that man....

jsm7vc.jpg

4g4284.jpg

Got a funny feeling when I saw the new front page fish !
It looks to me like the fish I caught on the Kennet back in August 2004 on the Wasing below Aldermason
What do you guys think ?
When I caught it (if it is the same fish) it weighed 12lbs 15ozs but that was over 8 years ago
Dave

Last edited:
Clonking fish Roman, well done !

Dave, Roman's fish looks to have more pronounced tail damage to me ?

Definatley not the same fish in my opinion, and thats not even looking at the tail damage.

Ian.

Not the same fish. Someone I know had the fish last autumn at 16.12. Its been present on stretch for many years and is more easily identified by its red colour as well as tail damage.
Well done Roman!

Got a funny feeling when I saw the new front page fish !
It looks to me like the fish I caught on the Kennet back in August 2004 on the Wasing below Aldermason
What do you guys think ?
When I caught it (if it is the same fish) it weighed 12lbs 15ozs but that was over 8 years ago
Dave

Hi Dave

I know the fish you are talking about, it still loves the same old haunts and makes it to over 15Ib these days.

Fred

Cracker.

barbel

very nice fish, and looks the weight, well done:D

Well done Roman. Great capture made all the better given the difficult conditions this winter has thrown at us. :)

Back