• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Direction s9 bite alarms

Chris Allcock

Good evening my good men,
Does anybody know much about the ND s9 bite alarms?
Chris.

s9 bite alarms
  • UNIQUE REMOTE CONTROL. S9 Bite Alarm set includeding the RC(Remote Control) function. In short, It is easy to control the functions of bite alarm via Receiver, Such as Volume, Tone, Sensitivity whilst you stay in your bivvy.
  • MORE SENSITIVE. S9 used the newest sensors, So More Sensitive than K9.
  • LOW-POWER DESIGN. The bite alarm & receiver & Anti-theft alarm all can work in the LOW-POWER Mode.
  • HIGH QUALITY CONE SPEAKER. More range of Tone take you the different sound experience
  • ULTRA LONG RANGE / RANGE TEST. The S9 offers a massive signal range meaning you can use it with confidence in any terrain. Most impressive ,It is easy to test the range by yourself.

Good evening my good men,
Does anybody know much about the ND s9 bite alarms?
Chris.
no idea if they are a new model as dont know if they are changed from when they first came out but a Carpng mate bought 4 when they were first released and soon got shot of them as they simple eat batteries like no tomorrow

maybe these ones are different I would go on facebook and ask for user reviews on the carping pages to be sure

Do you know if you need the reciever to pair it to your phone app?
Yes, you need the receiver. It connects to your phone and the app via bluetooth and, in my experience, the connection is quite flaky, at least it is using an Iphone. I have both S9s and K9s and have had difficulty with getting my phone to admit the receivers for them exist at all, and I’ve given up trying to use the app.

I’d also add that the microswitches in the little thumb joystick on the receivers aren’t great either, and pretty unresponsive a lot of the time, making it very fiddly to adjust anything from them. Fortunately the K9s come with separate sensitivity and volume controls actually on the alarm.

I bought the 2 s9 alarms thinking they would connect to my phone without the receiver but alas that didn't happen🤔 so balls to it I bought the smart bite watch instead, as the receiver look a bit bulky as opposed to a watch!
It's just a fail safe for if I ever fall asleep whist fishing plus i love gadgets so I had to do it!
Chris.

Falling asleep while fishing? No, no, that never happens!
I’ve thought about the watch, given the receiver problems, so I’d be interested to hear your experience of it Chris. I usually have the alarms on silent and the receiver in my pocket on vibrate. I draw the line at getting the bivvie light though, even for nights on the tidal Trent. The bream would turn it into Blackpool illuminations some nights!

Like a bloody council house at Christmas.
No offence to anybody!! I'm just getting the watch, the other stuff seems a bit daft for me. I shall give you an update on the watch when used dude!
Chris.

I have these with the receiver nice little alarms never had any problems the charge via USB

I've been using the S9's for my tench & carp (😮) fishing for a few years now and I really like them.
I just use the remote control and never had any problems.
Battery life on alarms & remote are very good & easy to re-charge via USB.
I'm certainly no expert but they're the best alarms I've had, reasonably priced, compact - pleased I bought them.

Sorry to jump in on this old thread, I've never used alarms before but I've just bough a 2 rod set S9 set that arrived today for my winter pike.

Cant argue with the price but I've noticed the receiver battery is draining FAST. Not sure if I've got a dud battery or not.

Anyone else had this issue?

Back