• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Digital Scales (No poxy battery)

Eddie Bray

Senior Member & Supporter
Bought a new set of Sportscale 7000 Digital Scales, they arrived about 10 minutes ago, included a screwdriver (that's nice) but no bloody battery. Also states Dual power but is not, just has a capacitor that charges off the main battery to hold the readings that are in memory. So unless I go out tonight, I can't play with them until tomorrow.

I can't understand it, it doesn't say on the box it needs a battery, just expects you to have the relevant one available.

Rant over.

Common with most things Ed for batteries not included.
mine just took a handful of AA’s.
we’ve got stacks kicking about the house for such things.

Aldi Activ Energy batteries come out AMAZINGLY well in the which magazine tests
you can save a bundle I used to always buy the top brands but find the Aldi ones last longer and much cheaper too

I have a small Dab radio that takes 4 x AA batteries I get the same length of run time on both Duracell and Energiser but Aldi I get at least 2 days longer

Aldi Activ Energy batteries come out AMAZINGLY well in the which magazine tests
you can save a bundle I used to always buy the top brands but find the Aldi ones last longer and much cheaper too

I have a small Dab radio that takes 4 x AA batteries I get the same length of run time on both Duracell and Energiser but Aldi I get at least 2 days longer
I use Aldi batteries as well. Certainly as good as any others but a lot cheaper.

Best batteries ive ever bought, are duracell rechargeables, AA and AAA, Bought 8 of each off ebay years ago, both sets still serving me well, saved me an absolute fortune. :)👍

Back