• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New clear out

Ben Jennings

Not saying I've brought to much new fishing gear this year (i'm an impulse buyer) but I'm beginning to struggle to be able to open my tackle cupboard because of rods etc. so I've had a bit of a clear out and have the following bits for sale. I will add other bits as I come across them

Drennan series 7 Avon/quiver. Brand new never used an impulse buy at the start of the year but can't see it ever being used. Got both 1.5lb Avon top and quiver top section. Comes with 3 and 4oz quiver tips. £70 posted

Drennan drx 14 foot float rod. Stunning float rod lovely responsive tip will happily handle most things that the rivers can throw at it. Can handle hooklengths down to 12oz. However also a cracking rod for river chub have a friend who has had them to nearly 7lb on it and it handled it with ease. Has hardly been used and is in immaculate condition. £80 posted

Dam fighter carp carbon composite. 11 foot 1.75lb tc. My first carp rod but just gathering dust. Will give away free to anyone who knows a junior who needs a rod to hopefully get started or give fishing a try

Shimano oc 4000 baitrunner another impulse buy (probably to go on the drennan Avon) anyhow brand new in box. Lovely reel very similar to a 4000d (used to have one too). Again going to be sat in my tackle cupboard unused. Will include a 250m spool of .30 shimano line I got with it. SOLD

Last edited:
You have P. M.

Resent Ben

Not saying I've brought to much new fishing gear this year (i'm an impulse buyer) but I'm beginning to struggle to be able to open my tackle cupboard because of rods etc. so I've had a bit of a clear out and have the following bits for sale. I will add other bits as I come across them

Drennan series 7 Avon/quiver. Brand new never used an impulse buy at the start of the year but can't see it ever being used. Got both 1.5lb Avon top and quiver top section. Comes with 3 and 4oz quiver tips. £70 posted

Drennan drx 14 foot float rod. Stunning float rod lovely responsive tip will happily handle most things that the rivers can throw at it. Can handle hooklengths down to 12oz. However also a cracking rod for river chub have a friend who has had them to nearly 7lb on it and it handled it with ease. Has hardly been used and is in immaculate condition. £80 posted

Dam fighter carp carbon composite. 11 foot 1.75lb tc. My first carp rod but just gathering dust. Will give away free to anyone who knows a junior who needs a rod to hopefully get started or give fishing a try

Shimano oc 4000 baitrunner another impulse buy (probably to go on the drennan Avon) anyhow brand new in box. Lovely reel very similar to a 4000d (used to have one too). Again going to be sat in my tackle cupboard unused. Will include a 250m spool of .30 shimano line I got with it. £65 posted

arrghhh I could have saved myself a fortune, just bought a brand new drennan 1.5tc and new reel. hey ho:eek:

Free bump for a good seller many thanks Ben excellent.

Back