• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Chair

On extreme sloping banks I fold the rear legs under using the side rails to support the rear of the chair. Useful on the Ivel.
(JRC X lite)

I have a Korum lightweight chair - with the square profile legs controlled by a screw mechanism - and it's been great for over 10 years. I fancied and bought a JRC stealth X-lite chair mainly for stalking, which is slightly lighter (at 3kg), however the legs don't really go in/out far enough to give much flexibility on an uneven bank. So, back to the Korum. A few years ago I bought two new legs, with extending feet - which covers all situations.
I borrowed a Korum areonium ( may have spelt it wrong ? ) it had square legs super light but ?? no elastic suspension ? so found it uncomfortable as hell

compared to my Jrc X-light thats got elasticated suspension and reclines and I have wonderful naps in it on sunny days lol
so just goes to show we all want something different in a chair
Edit
I also bought and quickly sold a Fox - Adjusta Level Chair for the same reasons my old bumsy wumsy clearly needs a bit of comfort in its old age lol

Gerry - couldn't agree more, though I wasn't referring to the aeronium (also might have wrong spelling). Better leg adjustment is more important to me, though the Korum lightweight is also sprung with elastic. For me, if you can't get the chair level, or in a good position, then it's useless.

Been using a Fox Duralite chair with arms for the last 3 seasons & it's been excellent also a must for me is the legs lock into place. I move around a lot when fishing & it's stood up very well against to the abuse I give it.

Thank you all for your input.. I've just looked at the JRC Stealth on Angling Direct site and it says the maximum height is 75cm.. This seems high for any chair. Can any one tell me what the max height of the seat part is please.

Back