• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

new brolly

Steve Foran

Hi thinking about buying a new Wychwood Solace HD Oval Brolly 50 /60 inch.is anyone using one? and wats ur opinion? cheers steve.

I had one but sold it as I couldn't put my chair far enough back in it, without my head hitting the spokes, although that was the 50 inch one. It's a great brolly though if you've got a very low chair. I ended up getting the Angling Intelligence Airframe but it's a bit more hassle to put up, so I'm also on the lookout for another brolly. Am thinking of getting the Waterline Fibrelite flatback, as it's just a normal brolly and should be fine for day sessions and then I'll use the Airframe for longer/night sessions.

The main gripe with the flat back brollies is a high back chair won't fit under them.They easily cater for bedchairs,but if you want to use a comfy chair for a long stay session we seem to be snookered.I'm in the market for one myself,but haven't found anything that fit's the bill, my JRC STi does the job,but isn't quick to erect.

Hi thinking about buying a new Wychwood Solace HD Oval Brolly 50 /60 inch.is anyone using one? and wats ur opinion? cheers steve.

I have got one Steve. its great but you Will need some extra 48" storm poles to go with it.

The main gripe with the flat back brollies is a high back chair won't fit under them.They easily cater for bedchairs,but if you want to use a comfy chair for a long stay session we seem to be snookered.I'm in the market for one myself,but haven't found anything that fit's the bill, my JRC STi does the job,but isn't quick to erect.

Peter, they DON,T have to be used with the back touching the floor, i use mine in an upright position when using a seat box, using 2 umbrella brackets, ( which also fit most chair legs ). But i would recommend buying a solid type ground spike rather than the lightweight hollow one that normally come supplied. 60" Diawa Tournament covers a big area when used upright.

Last edited:
a cheap dragon carp flat back brolly.....15quid.
the flat back fits onto the sloping banks,giving loads of cover at the sides n front. nice n light too.one bit of advive is to waterproof it first with the paint on wax type stuff.they even have pegging point. even if dissaster strike the brolly(for gaz wag ) just bin it and buy another. ive had mine two seasons. :D

Use a poncho- no hassles with any size chair, move about easily, the best for the roving approach.....just a thought...I find it fits in my bag nice and easy..lightweight,easy to put up,no bother in any wind....

must be the longest youve had one gaz.......:D
blow inside out on first outing and split one of the fibre glass spokes fixed it and super glued to spoke together
for a small brolly can get right under when it rains and the weights good for the long walks
used it yesterday no mishaps so still on 2 brollys this season :eek:

Back