• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Blog software for all members

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I have just installed some new Blog software on our server that integrates with the forum software we run (vbulletin). This means that anyone who is a registered member of BFW now has their own Blog that they can post to. You'll see a new text link menu in the horizontal forum navigation bar called 'Blogs'.

I've been messing around with it on our test server and although it doesn't allow some of the fancy formatting you'll see on other Blogs across the web, it seems to work well enough to be a bonus to our members.

I'm hoping that in time we'll showcase the best blogs on a more prominent area of the site.

I'm sure there will be a few queries initially that will probably form the basis of some sort of FAQ/instructional document in the future (how to insert images etc). For now, have a look and see how you get on with it.

Cheers,

Andy F

Back