• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New baits...

Tony Stone

Received some new Baits that I had ordered yesterday...

Anyone used them? Had any success?

409EBF63-80C9-43B5-9EAF-210F68929E7A.jpeg

used sticky baits krill last winter and worked very well, used the krill pellets and liquid to make a paste and fed with that and put a boilie wrapped in it on top.

bream and chub loved it!

that's good to know that they have caught barbel then as I know they are aimed at carp, although not sure there is a difference nowadays

I've just ordered the krill glug to complement the dumbells

The mainline dissolvas are like a sweet nutty smell, smells really good, and they breakdown after 4-6hrs, fine for any barbel session

glm aint bad especially if boosted up a little, which those are, I got enough oil and addatives and enhancer to last me the next 5 years lol

Another vote for SB Krill - stuck with that formula for a few seasons and seem to do as well as the lads who are constantly changing their boilies for the next big thing - the glug is great too.
Chub love them though.

Hi men

Iv found that the krill "washes out" in fast flowing water, which is an advantage , but better glugged in the matching liquid .

Hatter

All those baits will catch barbel. It matters not what flavour or 'attractor' is used,the underlying base is the most important aspect. Tony Miles wrote about it in his book 'elite barbel'. In great detail he explained the virtues of a very good quality base mix being most important,and I completely agree with him. Over the years I've caught barbel on good quality shop bought boilies whether they be 'fishy' or 'fruity'. I've also gone to the considerable trouble of rolling my own too,result, no better,no worse. Pick a couple of good quality ones,which you have,and then stick with them. Most important of all though.....stick it in the right place.

Back