• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New BAA Water

Jeff Collins

No Longer a Member
I see on the BAA website that they have a new water on the Severn. Looks very accessible with concrete platforms, there's some pools with it too.

The sad news is that they have lost walcott pool though.

I think Walcott was originally gifted to the BAA and has now been given up as it wasn't being bailiffed, and tended to be fished most by locals these days. And then there was the weed problem.

Back to the new waters, on the BAA forums some want the new ponds stocked with Barbel, of course I 'lost it' somewhat :eek:

Gents, I've done my fair share of blanking in pursuit of larger fish on the Lodden and Kennet, so don't need or expect to catch every time I go out. Is this area of the Severn worth a go or do BAA have better stretches on the lower ?

Cliff, when there's some water on, and some colour in it...then it can turn on, especially late on in the day and year. Prolific it aint, but some good doubles have come out of BAA Hallow which is just below. Think you probably know Gra Billingham...ask him, he used to run the club that had the stretch opposite/slightly downstream. It's now Kinver.
ATVB
Terry

Back