• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

new 2011/2012 EA licence out now

They took my direct debit payment on Tuesday, sure the card will turn up soon.

Bought a rod licence for donkeys years now, would never not, but I have never been asked once for it in 30 odd yrs:eek: does get you a bit miffed at times

i'v been checked twice this season by the same EA bailiff on different waters.

I wish I would get asked:D fished rivers for around four yrs now more than still waters and have never seen a EA bailiff:eek:

Bought a rod licence for donkeys years now, would never not, but I have never been asked once for it in 30 odd yrs:eek: does get you a bit miffed at times

Paul - you fish in areas that don't recieve too much angling pressure, and long may that continue. I've had mine checked once and i'm sure the officer stalked me after making a similar post on the old BFW forum!

Paul - you fish in areas that don't recieve too much angling pressure, and long may that continue. I've had mine checked once and i'm sure the officer stalked me after making a similar post on the old BFW forum!

Ha ha, I'll keep quiet then, dont want people coming just for the sake of it. Have a good day tomorrow mate:D

Ha ha, I'll keep quiet then, dont want people coming just for the sake of it. Have a good day tomorrow mate:D

He got me on a Park lake in Manchester! I had my licence as always and we had a good laugh to be honest. They just don't have the manpower to police the many miles of river bank we have at our disposal. If i had a quota of licences to check i would head straight for the nearest commercial, then the next and so on.

He got me on a Park lake in Manchester! I had my licence as always and we had a good laugh to be honest. They just don't have the manpower to police the many miles of river bank we have at our disposal. If i had a quota of licences to check i would head straight for the nearest commercial, then the next and so on.

I've phoned them up a couple of times to report d/heads fishing river out of season and they have just said, "theres only one of us on today so we cant do anything:eek:" Makes you wonder wether it is worth reporting anything at times

I follow what you say Paul. The EA take a risk approach to such matters that a given investment of personnels time will yield a probable result.

There is another angle mind that in reporting incidents they are being logged which might influence next years spend resulting in more fisheries personnel.

Last edited:
I follow what you say Paul. The EA take a risk approach to such matters that a given investment of personnels time will yield a probable result.

There is another angle mind that in reporting incidents they are being logged which might influence next years spend resulting in more fisheries personnel.

Yeh true Jon, I agree there is not enough of them and far too much water to bailiff, and they cant confront d/h**ds on their own, but it would be nice just to see one:D

Back