• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

net handle

Trevor James

any one know of a net handle that is strong (barbell) but telescopic or take apart about 3 section is ideal with total length 9 to 10 ft, thanks.
ps needs to be about 4 ft closed.

Trevor, Harrison do one, I have a three piece 10 footer built for me by Ian Tucker (custom fishing rods)

handle

any chance contact details please, its for a guy I have been coaching and he is ready to get his own kit the problem is he drives a 2 seater lotus elan so both rod and handle have to fold down.

Trevor, if you go to his website: customfishingrods.co.uk his contact details are there, also does 4 piece Avon rods

Harrison make two landing net handles:
2 piece Chimera 6ft 3" with 2 x 39" sections, with the additional option of another 39" section to extend the handle to 9' 6".
They also do the Torrix handle at single piece 6'.
I made and adapted my own recently but at a possible 14' is a bit longer than you ask.

Cheers
Bob

Despite having a drennan handle my current barbel net handle is a telescopic carbon composite thing I got for £9.99 with net from Argos about 17 years ago. Packs down from 9 to 3.5ish feet has been badly abused but is still going strong. Not sure they still do it though.

Harrison make two landing net handles:
2 piece Chimera 6ft 3" with 2 x 39" sections, with the additional option of another 39" section to extend the handle to 9' 6".
They also do the Torrix handle at single piece 6'.
I made and adapted my own recently but at a possible 14' is a bit longer than you ask.

Cheers
Bob

That's the one I have Bob, the Chimera in three pieces, had it a few years now and it's a great tool

Does he have a sunroof?

any one know of a net handle that is strong (barbell) but telescopic or take apart about 3 section is ideal with total length 9 to 10 ft, thanks.
ps needs to be about 4 ft closed.

Just tell him to buy a decent fishing car Trevor. How is he ever going to manage a weekender in a bivvie, get to the swim at the end of a mile long cart track? It has to be the worst car in the world for towing and launching a boat! Just imagine what it’s like in such an enclosed space after he spilled 4 pints of maggot and a tub of N-butyric acid.

Back