• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Needed warm waterproof boots

I bought a pair of the Wychwood neoprene boots and they lasted less than a season before they split where they flex around the big toe on both feet. I took the plunge and bought a pair of Muck Boots Artic Sport which I think they are on their third winter now and show no signs of detioration and I have not had cold feet since buying them.

Im a total Genuine Muckboot fan but they do have rubbish grip sadly and I have to take a Stanley Knife to them and cut the top 4 3/4!" inches off as I have large calf muscles and the tops are too narrow

WOW! Thanks Gerry, i have the same problem, and i'd never thought of that, cheers. 👍

I recently bought some wellies off ebay, and had the same problem, I cut a two inch line down the back which made for a better fit.

had a pair of these for years warm waterproof and comfortable.

WOW! Thanks Gerry, i have the same problem, and i'd never thought of that, cheers. 👍

what I like about them now I have cut them down
is they are so much easier to get on and off I just point my toe and step into then if its pouring with rain (like yesterday) I tuck the bottom of my trousers in in my socks put my waterproof overtrousers on then as said lift up the overtrouser point toe boom they are on and over trouser drops over easy and ten times easier to remove eveything too

When I first got my Muckboots the only negative thing I found was how difficult it was to remove them. Mainly due to my expanding waistline.
Got one of these boot Jacks, problem solved.

I always go 1 size up that way my feet stay warmer and easier to remove

I have a pair of eiger thermal wellingtons that get used occasionally when match fishing or there has to be snow on the ground to wear them if i'm roving. other than that I stay mobile and wear the wellies

Anyone use the vass wellies if so can you walk a distance in them thanks

Imax shore boots and seal skin socks, mk2 version even better now plastic top eyelets changed, good grip clean easily not to herman munsterish and don't break the bank either .

Imax shore boots and seal skin socks, mk2 version even better now plastic top eyelets changed, good grip clean easily not to herman munsterish and don't break the bank either .

interesting I went down the SEAL SKIN socks route once a total disaster !!!!!!!! my feet initially sweated in them then in turn became damp and then of course cold !!!! thought they were rubbish to be honest
give me a pair of Bridgendale socks any day =
What is Bridgedale’s warmest sock?
Tested at -25°C, Explorer Heavyweight Knee are the warmest Bridgedales in the range.

Alex would you say the Imex boots are a WIDE fit ??

I personally wouldn't touch sealskinz socks. On arctic warfare training, the only people I ever so go down with cold weather injuries were those wearing sealskin socks. They dont breath and that's the problem. I only ever used mine for going to the toilet in.

Back