• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Needed warm waterproof boots

I have never found a pair of boots to keep my feet toastie! I have muck boots artic at the mo previously Skeetex. The skeetex were slightly superior when new but the liner wore out quite quickly and are about £25 a pop. expensive for repeated replacement

Don't flick about it. The only effective boots for winter fishing are Muck boots.
Been at it for almost 50 years and they work.
Essentialy neoprene wellies but with lining that prevents the cold feet syndrome.
Don't waste any money trying anything else.
Muck masters are presently the best, unless you want to go for the new Arctic sport guaranteed down to minus 60%
I'd say these are far too warm.

The ones I got 2 years ago after recommendations on here have split on both heels and let water in. Not great for something worth over £100.

I just got myself some Navitas Boots - £20 from Go Outdoors - If they last me a season which I'm sure they will then it's £20 well spent.

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15902976/navitas-lite-insulated-boot-15902976

interesting I went down the SEAL SKIN socks route once a total disaster !!!!!!!! my feet initially sweated in them then in turn became damp and then of course cold !!!! thought they were rubbish to be honest
give me a pair of Bridgendale socks any day =
What is Bridgedale’s warmest sock?
Tested at -25°C, Explorer Heavyweight Knee are the warmest Bridgedales in the range.

Alex would you say the Imex boots are a WIDE fit ??
Imax boots are quite a wide fit and a generous size, most of my socks have come from a south Yorkshire army surplus store and the seal skin ones are mod issue along another pair of neoprenes that have no name with various others that are wool, when its bloody freezing cod fishing in the deep mid winter have been a okay for me .

Skellerup wellies. Made in New Zealand for the sheep farmers. Worn for 2 winters now and still like new and feet are like toast with just normal socks. Quiet expensive but cheaper than muck boots. Think I paid £75 for mine.

Suffering from neuropathy for 6 years I cannot let my feet get cold as it is agony and makes walking problematic so have tried most types/many brands of boot but if you are sat for 3 hours plus there is little that I have come across that can keep my feet warm.

The best to date is the Muck Arctic outpost which i bought last winter (not cheap) - the buckle broke off after a few wears but i got a replacement pair...I would imagine for many they are too warm - for me they are just about OK. https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/c...-outpost-leather-lace-up-ag-short-boots-black

My better half bought me some battery heated socks off fleebay - useless!!

So if anyone comes up with the perfect solution - warmth, grip, ease of walking, putting on/taking off, perfect fit - patent it as you will make a small fortune 😁

Back