• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Nash Deliverance Ball Maker

Mark Hooper

Nash deliverance ball maker!!!!'
This caught my attention today and thought what a simple easy idea,
Was just thinking about different ways I could use it within my fishing even putting boilies in the centre for prebaiting???
Any thoughts people

Mark

I think this item could be quite popular with anglers who use groundbait with a catapult. If you want accuracy at long distance one of the problems you will come up against is the varying weights of the balls you make by hand. Once you get beyond 50 yards the balls can land in quite a large area. There is also the problem that if the ball is not round enough it can break when leaving the catapult and go all over the place. It may not be of great use to the barbel angler but it could actually be quite a useful device.

That one has come from the catering industry, they use them for making meatballs and sushi.

What a great idea!

I spend ages hand rolling meatballs when I cook them for the family!

:D

But in all seriousness if you want to catapult balls of groundbait with any accuracy ball size is important, so I can see a use for this bit of kit.

Hi men ,

For those old gits out there , I used a similar thing but on a smaller scale in the late 70's / early 80's called the Springham Bait Press , which produced boillies . You needed to roll sausages of paste , then use the press which was two pieces of PTFE which compressed the paste into a sphere, you rolled the bait out the mould , and worked your way along sausage !. It was painfull , and took longer than hand rolling !. I made a version myself as I'm an engineer , it caught more anglers than fish !, lol

Hatter

It could be improved by making it in the form of a pair of grips you could use one handed for the match men.

Pass it on to Preston Chris but tell them I will expect a royalty.

Last edited:
But in all seriousness if you want to catapult balls of groundbait with any accuracy ball size is important, so I can see a use for this bit of kit.

So that's why my ground bait goes all over the place..........my ball's are the wrong size.

Hi men ,

For those old gits out there , I used a similar thing but on a smaller scale in the late 70's / early 80's called the Springham Bait Press , which produced boillies . You needed to roll sausages of paste , then use the press which was two pieces of PTFE which compressed the paste into a sphere, you rolled the bait out the mould , and worked your way along sausage !. It was painfull , and took longer than hand rolling !. I made a version myself as I'm an engineer , it caught more anglers than fish !, lol

Hatter

I knew Geoff Springham who made this and have rolled a lot of bait on one - tbh it takes longer to clean than to use!

Tried and tested disappointing not what they are hyped up to be trust me ;)

The Springham remember it well, bought mine off of Geoff Kemp many years ago. Came to the same conclusion that rolling them by hand was less painful and quicker.

I reckon that the performance of ball maker will depend on the type of mix - sorry statement of the obvious or oblivious........??
Cheers
Bob

Hi men ,

Bob , I had access to ptfe , and lots of the stuff needed . I knocked out lots , all sizes , but as you say , better rolled by hand .

Geoff Kemp , in an early CAA meeting in Dunstable I won a raffle which was a large bottle of custom flavour to my requirements . I had a blend of maple , burnt sugar , malt , and butter , awesome . Caught well on his original green zing , and the dairy cream .

Hatter

Was passing through bham yesterday and bought a 40 mm version so I will let you know what it is like after some stillwater fishing

A trick piece of compact kit - I can see this as a new addition to kit bag ready for the new season. I play around with a variety of ingredients & can see clear advantages to this.

Nice one Mark for the thread.

Cheers, Jon

Back