• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

MYTHE LAKE and Uckinghall

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
I e mailed BAA three weeks ago to tell them that the path alongside the lake, and leading to it is in terrible condition.

There are deep long ruts along the bank that are over a foot deep. IMO even tough for a 4x4.
Signs when damp of cars getting stuck.

The road leading up to the lake has large stones pertruding that will smash into a low car.
The two hills are also liable to damage cars with the decline.

The reply. There has been none.

Uckinghall lake is now terribly overgrown along the bank also.

I understand its rough depending on work parties, but in the Mythe case some serious work needs carrying out to make it safe. Irrespective of ownership.
A warning to BFW members, go there at your peril.

I e mailed BAA three weeks ago to tell them that the path alongside the lake, and leading to it is in terrible condition.

There are deep long ruts along the bank that are over a foot deep. IMO even tough for a 4x4.
Signs when damp of cars getting stuck.

The road leading up to the lake has large stones pertruding that will smash into a low car.
The two hills are also liable to damage cars with the decline.

The reply. There has been none.

Uckinghall lake is now terribly overgrown along the bank also.

I understand its rough depending on work parties, but in the Mythe case some serious work needs carrying out to make it safe. Irrespective of ownership.
A warning to BFW members, go there at your peril.
Used to fish there in my teens for the tench with Philippe Maz.

I used to fish the river there a fair bit. I’ve stopped for exactly the reasons you describe - that track is virtually impassable.

Back