• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

My Season is over :(

Eddie Bray

Senior Member & Supporter
Just been informed I'm now Clinically Venerable and have to Shield until 31st March :(

Good news is I've got my Covid Vaccination tomorrow.

Good job I've ordered some more books.

Just been informed I'm now Clinically Venerable and have to Shield until 31st March :(

Good news is I've got my Covid Vaccination tomorrow.

Good job I've ordered some more books.

Due to a Shoulder operation back in January, so am I. I've just bought loads of kit for when I can start again. I can recommend that as a mood lifter. 👍

I spoke to a friend a couple of days ago, his wife, severely disabled son and himself were amongst the first to get the Pfizer jab. He told me they had very close contact with someone who was a bit rough and the next day had Covid confirmed. Non of them got any symptoms and non of them came down with Covid.

Mine is going to be the Pfizer varient, my wife had her's last week (she's NHS), she didn't have any side effects, just a tender arm for 48 hours or so.

Eddie, I'm sure you are just as safe fishing as shielding in doors but of course that's your decision to make.
Problem is Cliff, they send you an email informing you that you must shield so if you are caught out of area you could be in trouble, my nearest coarse river is 43 miles away.

I can recommend that as a mood lifter. 👍 Simon, I already do that too much without being stuck at home.

Eddie
I wish you all the best
I won't upset you by reporting my catches from the local rivers
But I had 8 Grayling in a couple of hours today.
Oops I shouldn't have told you
Kindest Regards
Mike

I had the Pfizer 2 weeks ago. No bad effect.

You caught 5 more than me Mike. Mind you, mine were barbel plus a 5lb + chub🤭

Had the Oxford jab on 3rd Feb, but was admitted to a Hospital again on the the 5th with further complications this time kidneys, spent four days in hospital, but still a bit weak. Eyeing up a very local DT venue that has a couple of ponds...maybe next week, weather is going to be very mild. Only a sore arm for 2 or 3 days from the jab, and pleased it looks like Covid at least won't be my demise.
Take care Eddy et all, better days ahead I am sure,

Back