• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

My new custom Torrix and pin

Martin Osmond

Senior Member & Supporter
Just received my new rod , to go with my new pin, for the new season.

Custom 11dt 1.75lb Harrison Torrix built by Duncan Smith at Hampshire Tackle, he will be unknown in comparison to some builders but after seeing his work I had my Harrison Aviators built by him last year and so glad I did. Didn't want anyone else building this for me, I've had rods built by most the top builders and he's a bit special......

FB_IMG_1717697546852.jpg
FB_IMG_1717697548872.jpg
FB_IMG_1717697551613.jpg
FB_IMG_1717697553597.jpg
FB_IMG_1717697556225.jpg
FB_IMG_1717697558359.jpg
FB_IMG_1717697560693.jpg

Stunning, like the tip paint too👍
Where you heading to give it a work out?

I thought Harrison stopped the burgundy blank? Nice rod.
I think that’s the claret red which as far as I know they still offer. It’s the chestnut and green they stopped doing.

Uncoated and ground finish for me. The coloured glosses look lovely but once they suffer a chip or two they start to look very tired.

I love the orange whippings either side of the white section. That’s a nice personal touch

Just received my new rod , to go with my new pin, for the new season.

Custom 11dt 1.75lb Harrison Torrix built by Duncan Smith at Hampshire Tackle, he will be unknown in comparison to some builders but after seeing his work I had my Harrison Aviators built by him last year and so glad I did. Didn't want anyone else building this for me, I've had rods built by most the top builders and he's a bit special......

View attachment 30255View attachment 30256View attachment 30257View attachment 30258View attachment 30259View attachment 30260View attachment 30261
Nice to see there's a few decent builders out there...

Lovely set up. Yes I've the same but not the Burgundy. It's a beaut.
How's the reel? The ratchet keeps sticking on mine despite thorough cleaning and oiling. I flick the lever but it sometimes only half engages. The spring doesn't seem up to the job. I must send it back to be looked at. Don't expect that for that sort of money! None of those problems with my old Stanton plus a knurled edge. Much better for playing Barbel.

Lovely set up. Yes I've the same but not the Burgundy. It's a beaut.
How's the reel? The ratchet keeps sticking on mine despite thorough cleaning and oiling. I flick the lever but it sometimes only half engages. The spring doesn't seem up to the job. I must send it back to be looked at. Don't expect that for that sort of money! None of those problems with my old Stanton plus a knurled edge. Much better for playing Barbel.
Disengages.

Rachet on mine is fine .there was a case ov it jumping into free spool when the Rachet was on .soon sorted that with Chris help ...

Rachet on mine is fine .there was a case ov it jumping into free spool when the Rachet was on .soon sorted that with Chris help ...
I definitely need to send mine back. I had that happen on a bite once! Could have caused an overrun. The thing with the ratchet not disengaging is also irritating. Bit disappointed with it tbh.

I definitely need to send mine back. I had that happen on a bite once! Could have caused an overrun. The thing with the ratchet not disengaging is also irritating. Bit disappointed with it tbh.
Another thing. Try playing a Barbel in the rain with that smooth shiny rim. You won't easily apply steady pressure. Moan moan! 🤣

Yeah I was tbh...it seem OK now the problem with the racket jumping into free spool is the spring jumps across and ends up sitting on top ov the check housing..I just make sure the springs pushed back to the back plate..not ideal but it works

Back