• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

muck boots

Another thumbs up for the Tay's. Went through 2 pairs of cheaper boots last year and the Tay's seem to be fairing much better.

I made the mistake of buying some muckboots a couple of years ago without doing the research. I bought the tweed which kept my feet warm but the shallow tread meant that I frequently went ar$e over t1t when the banks were slippery. Been out this morning in my tay sports which are fantastic.

Steve

Buy one size bigger. I'm a 9 and a 10 fits fine with or without thicker socks.

Not trying to be contentious but personally I found them come up to size. As I mentioned, I use some additional insoles to take up any slack from my shallow feet but the length is good.

To put it in perspective, I bought some Diem boots mail order UK 11 and had to return them as they were significantly too small. My left foot is a touch larger than the right but strangely the right boot felt even more undersize than the left.

Either way, if you get them mail order you are covered by the distance selling regulations.

Stephen

I'm a 10 (albeit a big 10) and I found the 10 was a little tight so I went up to an 11. I have to wear thick socks with the 11 though.

I made the mistake of buying some muckboots a couple of years ago without doing the research. I bought the tweed which kept my feet warm but the shallow tread meant that I frequently went ar$e over t1t when the banks were slippery. Been out this morning in my tay sports which are fantastic.

Steve
That's a very good point. Have a look at the Muckboots website, the photos show the soles, you want the ones with chucky climbing-boots style soles.

I am on my second pair of Muck boots with the first being Avons although good the grip was not the best. I now own the Tay sport and the grip is so much better, at times where I would of skidded and slipped with the Avons the Tays hold fast. The only thing I havent compared is in cold weather YET.

Buy with confidence

Brian

Another vote of confidence for the Tay Sports.Best all round boots I've owned.When I ordered them I enquired whether they came up big/small and was told to order my correct shoe size which worked out perfectly for me.

Have ordered the HotSox tog 2.3 as recommended, I now expect to be fully protected from whatever the weather throws at us in the coming months.

Hi all, thanks for the responses. The tay sport seems to be a favourite for many, and looks like the ones I will get, originally wanted the arctic pro but as mentioned earlier in this thread, not sure if they are available in the UK and I like to try before I buy, looks like a trip to easingwold on saturday, I'm sure the missus can't wait, thanks again everybody,
Leon

Back