• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

muck boots

Leon Dodd

Hi all, I fancy a pair of the arctic pro muck boots for this winter, just wondered if anybody had any experience of these? Any info would be appreciated.
Also does anybody know of anywhere in yorkshire that stock muck boots?
Thanks all, Leon

Leon, I've not got the model you mention but i wear muck boots for a lot of my fishing and it's a thumbs up from me. I have the Esk which i've been using for nearly 4 years and there a great boot.

Hi all, I fancy a pair of the arctic pro muck boots for this winter, just wondered if anybody had any experience of these? Any info would be appreciated.
Also does anybody know of anywhere in yorkshire that stock muck boots?
Thanks all, Leon

Hi Leon I have the Artic pro and they are excellent.
Very comfy and of course warm.
I use them in conjunction with Thorlo socks as they are not to thick therefore allowing some air movement around the feet to help with the wicking effect of the sock fibre.(no damp sweaty feet)
When I bought mine they were not available in the uk, I take it they are now?
Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
I have the Tay and find them to be very comfortable and warm enough with good socks until the temperature gets below 5C.

Hi all, Muck Boot Co has ceased trading.

Regards,

Jeff

No they haven't.New owners

Just got this from the muck boot website https://www.muckbootcompany.com/distributor/Pages/default.aspx

Distributors
We have received questions from customers and prospective customers throughout Europe about the availability of our MUCK boot products in the United Kingdom, Ireland and Continental Europe.

We have been hard at work building a new distribution network for these products throughout Europe and we expect to announce our plans in the near future.

In the meantime, please contact John Wright, Director of Retail Sales for Honeywell (john.wright@honeywell.com), to find out more information for MUCK boot distribution in Europe or contact us through The Original Muck Boot Company | Facebook.

Last edited:
Not sure Chris,

I got told this within the last few weeks by Ringwood Angling. I think they may have gone in with someone else?

Thanks Paul,

That clears that up.

I'm not sure if their current range will still be available.

Hope so as I've used these for a few years and they're really good!

Jeff

Best money you will spend, guaranteed!, or a another very good boot is the muddies neoprene, very light comfy and never been cold in them even at -20 in finland, definately well worth a look.

i bought my muckboots tay 2 year, they are the best boots ive worn, i would wear them all yr round, summer, winter. keep my feet lovely and warm in winter.

iv got the taysports best boots iv ever had and the warmest by far

I've got 3 pairs so I guess I like them too !! What socks do you guys recommend for when it's cold, I only use a standard sports sock so I'm sure I could improve on them now it's getting colder ? thanks

some heat socks 2.3 tog i wore my boots and those socks in -14 qnd my feet were toasty no coldness at all

Another very happy Tay Sport user here :D

I have found them hot for the summer nights and maybe too cold for freezing temperatures but for most of the year they are perfect.

My feet are a little shallow so I added some insoles to take up the slack. I might get some thermal insoles as I am starting to feel the cold sitting around in them, even with some Heat Holder long thermal socks.

Anyhow, be warned that the Artic Pros could be perfect for cold weather but maybe too hot for warm conditions?

Hope that helps.

Stephen

Back