• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muck Boots

I have both, the sports and the Derwent, being a Bailiff on Throop Fishery i do quite a bit of walking, the hardest ground is packed down gravel and the Derwent wears out very quickly, i wrote to the Muck Boot company to have one of my usual moans but i did not get a repy which is no surprise these days, all the muck boots are very comfortable and very easy to walk in, the sports have a thicker material and are slightly longer in length, i would almost certainly choose the sports, they are more expensive but are worth it.
If you are looking for a cheap and very warm thermal boot, then try
MucLuks, they sell for about £40, and are easy to walk in, unlike Skeetex, i have had a pair for about 9 years and have just replaced the inner linings, by the way, the Skeetex lining fits these boots.
Brian
Waterline Mukluk Thermal Boots -NOW ONLY £39.99!!!

has anybody tried the dirt boots, theyre thicker neoprene than the muck boots, and supposed to be very good they look a bit better made than the muck boots aswell anybody got any?

Simon, personally I think they are over-hyped on the warmth front after using Skee Tex. However, I find they are more comfortable and easier to walk in than Skee Tex. I agree. no need to buy a size up with Tay Sports - they are a generous sizing even with thick socks.

I have both, the sports and the Derwent, being a Bailiff on Throop Fishery i do quite a bit of walking, the hardest ground is packed down gravel and the Derwent wears out very quickly, i wrote to the Muck Boot company to have one of my usual moans but i did not get a repy which is no surprise these days, all the muck boots are very comfortable and very easy to walk in, the sports have a thicker material and are slightly longer in length, i would almost certainly choose the sports, they are more expensive but are worth it.
If you are looking for a cheap and very warm thermal boot, then try
Muck Luks, they sell for about £40, and are easy to walk in, unlike Skeetex, i have had a pair for about 9 years and have just replaced the inner linings, by the way, the Skeetex lining fits these boots.
Brian

Brian, have just googled mukluks and can't find any i like !! :)

mukluks - Google Search

i bought my muckboots tay last year, they are the best boots ive worn, i would wear them all yr round, summer, winter. keep my feet lovely and warm in winter.

Just to put into the mix, have a look at these; Grubs Snowline Wellingtons | GO Outdoors
I did have some Tay sports, but after an op they are too small now, so I had to sell.
I have the Grubs stalkers wellies now, which are not as insulated as the snowline stalkers (or the Tays) both have a vibram sole(long wearing) which dispels mud etc with ease.
If you do have a Go-Outdoors or another stockist near by, they are defin ately worth a look, personally they have a better sole, but thats my opinion.

Just found these, they are the thicker versions !

Grub's Fishing

Can't find anyone who sells em though!

Hi Simon,
they are not the prettiest boot to look at, unlike your link with all that girly looking footwear, in fact the only Muckluc that are suitable, are the ones on the link, and are in fact listed as a Thermal fishing boot from Mularkeys.
I think i saw the Grub boot in Avon Angling at Ringwood, but that was some time ago, but i do believe that Wychwood also sell a boot that is similar to the Muck Boots, come on mate it's Christmas, treat yourself to a pair of Sport Muck boots, i am sure that you will not reget it.
Good Luck.
Brian.

Brian,
I might be able to get the Grub 12s through my local shop (J+K in Bicester) as they are available through Garlands, just need to ask Mark nicely :)

Another grub's stalker user here... I love them to bits, extremely comfy, and good for walking too. Not overly warm but combined with pair of
Long seal skins they are warm enough for anything I go out in.

My main gripe was that they are tricky to get off - I had to buy a tool and repeated use of this has damaged one of my boots. I've now reglued the sole twice! Nevertheless I'd buy another set at the drop of a hat - and keen to look at theses newer models!

Andy

Don't buy the Wychwoods although they seem good in practice they will leak within 2 to 3 months the joins always go which is a shame because they fit wide feed well.

Wow, just got my Tay Sports, they are light, easy to walk in, generous fit, and most important warm. Well worth the extra. There were so many people praising them I thought there must be something worth investigating here, and how right that was.

Mine are on order from my local supplier. They only stock the Derwent so I have to wait a while.
I hope I'm as happy as you are Colin. Could I be a bit cheeky and ask how much you paid. (PM If you would rather)

steve go to eBay Item number: Item number: 330653228738

congletongardencentre

The 'TAY' Original Muck Boot - Green - £68.95

The 'TAY SPORT' Original Muck Boot - Green - £79.95

A word of warning gents, as much as i love my Muck Boots and will sing from the roof tops at how good they are, they are lethal on wet wood especially those small wooden sleeper type bridges found on fisheries up and down the country.

I have come a cropper on more than one occasion.

I have a pair of Grub Stalker boots for sale in size 10 only worn a couple of times RRP £110 although they can be found for £99.99 as previously posted by Jon Frisby (see link at page 1). Sensible offers accepted.

Edit to above: Cancel lads I have just dicovered a small hole in the neoprene just above the ankle so no good for getting in the wet stuff!!

Last edited:
Back