• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

More Tench advice please.

Dave,most of (if not all)William Boyers lakes hold a decent head of tench some going into double figures in some of their waters, nothing being promo,d by me just thought some may like to know where tench are still prolific :)....j.w

not just boyers john.
korda is a well known tench water, broadwater if you can find them in that inland sea, and pit 1 has had a restock, harefield holds one or two, but i've never heard of a tench coming out of there, pit 3 denham holds a few but it's so,so weedy, the golf course lakes have a few and even troy has em, even though your only allowed to fish about 10 swims.
boyers, you mean stockly park then...;):p
they annoy the carp lads....:D

10 more this evening Dave, including a 6-9 girlie, a 5-8 geezer, 4 other 5s, 3 x 4s and a babber at 3lb ish. All on gert lobworms and sprayed reds. Blinding session, and got busted twice. :eek:

you've got a goldmine there paul, nice one.
i won't be starting for a couple of weeks yet, mine you, i think we might get some snow again:eek:

Last edited:
Ah Paul, you're not into the new uprated tench then;), 3lb test rods and 14lb line.:eek:... Ask Ponty he'll no doubt put you on the right track:rolleyes:.

Sorry I'm assuming you're casting 100 yards+ (or is that metres):confused:, need a tape measure to be sure.:D:D:D

Good bit of early season sport:).

CG, they were that close in, if i had my feet in the water, they'd be nibbling me toes. 3lb test rods, 14lb line and measuring out your line! That's called carp fishing mate. ;)

Dave, making the most of it as the pit shuts wednesday and the sailing club take over til september. :(

Back