• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

More abstraction from the rivers...

Things just get worse and worse don't they? If this sort of unpredictable weather really is the future, it doesn't bode well for angling as we know it, does it?

Cheers, Dave.

I don't think the British public really understand the weather if you read some comments on other websites. Usually we have in my neck of the woods (Bristol Avon) 2 or 3 big floods every year. We have not had a flood in 2 years and very little water in the river at present. I would say that at the height of a very hot summer levels can drop seriously low but they do recover. But not this year its the same level as a very prolonged hot spell also one local small lake has dried up and lost most of its carp residents dying only 7 surviving. Its adjacent and bigger cousin has dropped from 4 ft to 18 to 24" with all the fish pushed into the middle and deepest part of the lake. When I speak to my non fishing friends and family they think we have has terrible weather with no summer to speak of in 2 or 3 years. I try to explain that it’s hardly rained but they won’t have it. I think even a month of rain might not be enough.:mad:

Back