• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

monster barbel mystery river

I really cant believe people are saying this bloke is out of order for sending a pic of "HIS" fine Barbel catch. Its even more funny people saying the "CIRCUS" will now desend on this venue. MOST of us are guilty of following the so called circus after reading about how a venue is fishing particually if its producing some nice Barbel otherwise we would all just fish our own local rivers and never venture out onto new waters. How many on here have travelled many many miles to fish somewhere which has been REPORTED to be producing some nice Barbel..If anyone catches a nice fish then it is their right if they want to report it..Alot of anglers who moan about a fish capture being reported do so for selfish reasons such as they want a stretch all to themselves or the select few..Adams Mill was a prime example with just a few WELL KNOWN anglers fishing there and the others made up of anglers with more money than sense..

Spot on mate.

Mystery river

Just been reading all the responses to the monster barbel. I think that the location should not be widely publicised for all the reasons given. For those of you who do know the location, are day tickets are available? Perhaps someone on BFW might send me a pm on the exact location and we could meet up for a session.

Back