• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mono suggestions please

Cheers guys.

I reckon I am going to go for the Gardner HydroFlo. It ticks everything I want the line to do.

Small barbel in a small snaggy river and double figure carp from equally snaggy little mill ponds and small reservoirs. Just going to leave it on a spool attached to an 11ft Avon rod. Perfect.

Thanks for the input!

If its reel line then bass pro excell is spot on, for hooklength i would use map carp tek hit and hold,very robust yet with a thin diameter.:D

Been using Diawa Sensor for years with no obvious problems. Reason for use was simple...............CHEAP!. After a couple of seasons of not being let down this became my only mainline in 8 & 10 lb.

I have now changed to Berkley Big Game Clear in 10lb and will be intrested to see if there are any obvious benefits.

Hi everyone
I cant speak for david but my own experiences with sensor was after some use especially if youve been snagged or lucky enough to land a few fish on it,,it needs changing due to it stretching too much and also crinkling,but that said its dirt cheap so you can change quite regularly..I guess everyones got their own preference;)

Berkley Big Game Clear works for me in 10 and 12lb. Only used it since last season, and it's a very tough line.

Berkley Big Game, absolutely no reason to change as it cheap & reliable.

Not tried Sensor clear but the brown stuff was awful for coiling, had to bin it.

Al

Back