• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mini Baitrunners

I think these are great value for the money Neil. Shop around and you can get them for about £55 each.

I replaced my okuma epix Pro baitrunners (original mk1s) with these and I'm glad I did.

Good line lay, smooth clutch. Can't find a fault tbh. And nice stealth design with no blingy shiny bits.

I think these are great value for the money Neil. Shop around and you can get them for about £55 each.

I replaced my okuma epix Pro baitrunners (original mk1s) with these and I'm glad I did.

Good line lay, smooth clutch. Can't find a fault tbh. And nice stealth design with no blingy shiny bits.

I can walk to that shop in 10 minutes :)

Last edited:

I’ve got them in 4000 size. They’ve been great for the money

I have the x aeros in 4000 and 2500 sizes, the 2500 reels are very small.
I've only used one of the 2500s one time, same for the 4000s. They are all boxed as new from the shop, I would let the 2500s go if anyone is interested....reason i'd let them go is, I just never use them.

I had the DLs before getting the x Aeros but they felt cheap'o to me so I got shut and replaced them with the X aeros.

I forgot to mention, the x aeros have spool line reducers and a spare spool.

I can walk to that shop in 10 minutes :)
It's a good tackle shop. Used to but from Dave's all the time when I lived in Sandbach for a few years about 20 years ago. I still often stop off to buy maggots and casters from Dave's when I'm off to the Cholmondeley meres. Their bait is always decent.

Agreed. I have used two for a few years now on the smaller rivers with Harrison 1-6’s and 1-10’s and they complement each other really well.

Daiwa GS LT BR 3000 is a very good small Baitrunner. Only a single spool but spare availiable if you hunt around. Use mine on the Harrison 1.6 Avon.

It's a good tackle shop. Used to but from Dave's all the time when I lived in Sandbach for a few years about 20 years ago. I still often stop off to buy maggots and casters from Dave's when I'm off to the Cholmondeley meres. Their bait is always decent.
You've done well to get a ticket on there, Joe. It doesn't get much better than that!

I have the x aeros in 4000 and 2500 sizes, the 2500 reels are very small.
I've only used one of the 2500s one time, same for the 4000s. They are all boxed as new from the shop, I would let the 2500s go if anyone is interested....reason i'd let them go is, I just never use them.

I had the DLs before getting the x Aeros but they felt cheap'o to me so I got shut and replaced them with the X aeros.

I forgot to mention, the x aeros have spool line reducers and a spare spool.
How much for the 2500's Ian?

@Neil Blood im not sure where your at still in your quest for small baitrunners? Just to say I've got a DT 2500 and whilst it was faultless on still waters I did use it in the final week of the season on the wye. I was using a 50 gram black cap feeder with maggots groundbait etc it struggled for me. It got noisy and not a tad stiff. I'm actually thinking I need to send it for a service. I don't think it was up to the work load. If serviced il keep it for the occasional lake trips I do

I’m looking for a couple of mini baitrunners, which are smaller than my Shimano 4000D’s, so ideally in 2500 to 3000 reel size.

Does anyone have experience of this reel in size 2500:

Or any other similar sized baitrunners please?
great little reels i have one but can`t remember the size of it.

Back