• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mike Townsend RIP

Nick Coulthurst

Senior Member & Supporter
Had a look at Bob Roberts’ Trent map and noticed a tribute to Mike Townsend who died recently aged only 48. Although I didn’t know him personally, I used to read his blog. He was a very good angler, especially when it came to roach, and came across as being very humble. Always admired his dedication to the pursuit of big roach - travelled all over the country. A sad loss.

Had a look at Bob Roberts’ Trent map and noticed a tribute to Mike Townsend who died recently aged only 48. Although I didn’t know him personally, I used to read his blog. He was a very good angler, especially when it came to roach, and came across as being very humble. Always admired his dedication to the pursuit of big roach - travelled all over the country. A sad loss.
RiP Mike, your blog inspired me into specimen fishing, you will always be remembered.

Jon

Back