• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Midland tench water

Sure there are or think/hope there are, Jon??!! 😆
I bet there aren’t many places that regularly produces 8s to tench anglers who weigh them properly - but I hope I’m wrong!

A confirmed 10+ came out this year from the same park lake i had my pb 8.8 from 5 years ago, done a few 9s over the years too. Sometimes theyre closer to home than you realise 😉

What did it weigh, Josh? Did you see it or have you seen a photo? Hopefully not confirmed by a carper…

I’m only (half) joking, I am just naturally sceptical.
Was asked not to divulge that specific 🤐 Haha no not a carper, but def someone who deserves it, my pb off there was purely by luck his was not.
Ive blanked every time since but dont fish it that often, prefer the other park lake as its alot closer to home. My best from there is 7lb 2 on the tench and 9lb 14oz on the bream. Not bad for council "run" ponds.

Oh I fully understand, Im a lifelong skeptic myself 😄

Back