• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Midi sized spoppers for sale.

Eddie Bray

Senior Member & Supporter
Just had another batch of Spods arrive, they are ready to be converted into spoppers, unfortunately they were a little bit more expensive so the price has had to increase to £14 delivered (2nd Class).

Some changes to previous design, Hinges and trigger now made from Brass. More holes in body. Weight complete unladen is 3.7 ounces.

Any orders received by Sunday evening will be posted by Wednesday.

Updated spopper..jpg

New spopper Richard (2).jpg

They look fab
Love the big stopper on the end of the pin. That would be nice and useful on the softest of landings.

Couple of tricks I have found. I use a 3mm Soldering bit on my Solder station to make the holes, then cut off the sprue with a scalpel.

The idea of the big stopper on the pin came from watching Barbel Days and Ways and both rocky bottoms and silty bottoms, there could be an issue of the pin falling between stones and not opening and then opening later and in the wrong place or with a silty bottom the pin just buried in the bottom without opening. I have also cut the pin length to between 10 and 12mm of movement to ensure it opens close to the river bed.

Oh, just as an aside Richard, if you get the Chinese ones and use a hot air blower on them whilst bending the sides out, they come together lovely.

All Sold out until next batch arrive.

Back