• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Message for Mr Collett

Jeff Collins

No Longer a Member
Steve,

Please don't take heart against the negativity you have recently received on this .....site. Many are the green eyed monster. The fact you promote fishing is truly a positive one. The closed season is indeed a fickle time to present any item about barbel captures.
Keep up the good work mate, it is appreciated.
Jeff.

Ditto the above.....IMO Steve is one of the good guys in the world of angling.

Paul

Paul,

No-one in particular....just know that Steve is a good guy - end of.

Steve,

Please don't take heart against the negativity you have recently received on this .....site. Many are the green eyed monster. The fact you promote fishing is truly a positive one. The closed season is indeed a fickle time to present any item about barbel captures.
Keep up the good work mate, it is appreciated.
Jeff.

Just what are you going on about?:confused:

Ok I see I will have to point you in the right direction, read the Nooo! Thread. I can't make it any simpler than that without hand puppets gents!
;-)

I know Steve good lad I also seen photo of a certain person who started that thread and his handing of barbel was shocking I did say something about it be got a mouth full

The Noooo thread deano ?, started that one......:confused: please let me know if me what shocked you.

Last edited:
Its been about 5+ years since i took a photo of any fish i have captured deano ...please could you post it here on BFW and prove it so...I know Gary Manders posted one a few years back on the Dove on facebook... and cannot think of any way ive shocked you or mis handled a fish ...please show me !

As I've said on the other thread, let's refrain from name calling and finger pointing on these boards please gents !!!!

Nope deano your making up lies :rolleyes: silly man...i have only one photo of me on facebook (profile picture )and I have never once put any other picture of myself on here or anywhere else holding a fish - NEVER , i know this because ive never taken any ... that's why you cannot show me .... oh my lord ,the fibs people come up with... :eek: Now that is shocking.

Last edited:
Ok I see I will have to point you in the right direction, read the Nooo! Thread. I can't make it any simpler than that without hand puppets gents!
;-)

But there was no mention of the capture was there? So why all the faffing around confusing the hell out of the seniors on here, I mean I find it difficult enough as it is, without the ability to mind read it's almost impossible.

So SC is the capture and he is sponsored by the AM simples :)

But there was no mention of the capture was there? So why all the faffing around confusing the hell out of the seniors on here, I mean I find it difficult enough as it is, without the ability to mind read it's almost impossible.

So SC is the capture and he is sponsored by the AM simples :)

Yawn:D

I'm with Dean,I know Steve,great bloke,brilliant all round angler and a great ambassador for our sport.

I still can't believe that a guy who was taking out a friend who is very ill has been slated for the stillwater barbel capture. I think people should have read the full article before jumping on the moral bandwagon and lighting the torches and grabbing the pitchforks.
Very draconian attitude really

43 days and counting.

Back