• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mechano time!!!

Nope!
I won’t have that. I don’t bodge anything 😜

The weight on this particular frame/tray is spot on. It supports everything I need on there ideally. Does not need to be changed

The tray rotates 360° and can be fitted to any of the threads on a 2 or 3 rod bar via a machined block I made myself years ago to make the tray fit a bank stick. I doubt very much you’ll have one.

Same with the spacer on the other end.
It’s not something your going to copy without making changes to suit the stuff you have.

The tripod adapter is an old stainless one. I think it might of been a carp one at one point not sure.
There you go Rich, I've found a market for you. The cheapest tri-adaptor I can find now is almost £70 (inc postage from Germany) and in "used" condition. You could "bodge" some out on the lathe, aluminium and S/S, and flog them for at least £25 a pop.
What's not to like eh 😂

There you go Rich, I've found a market for you. The cheapest tri-adaptor I can find now is almost £70 (inc postage from Germany) and in "used" condition. You could "bodge" some out on the lathe, aluminium and S/S, and flog them for at least £25 a pop.
What's not to like eh 😂
In all honesty Terry it wouldn’t be worth it. I couldn’t make one in less than 2 hours with the amount of re positioning and re clocking required for one of those.

A big cnc with a good program would knock one out in less than 5 minutes from 1 position

I have a 3 point adaptor in brass that is used as a diy tripod from banksticks I use it on the Wye croys. I don't know who makes them but a member on here put me on to them a few years back.

Back