• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Maybe looking for an 11ft barbel rod maximum 1.5t/c??

Wayne Glossop

As above thinking of getting a short t/c decent barbel rod in the near future roughly £70 max any help and advice appreciated.
Thanks

Mark Tunley builds a great 11'6" 1.5tc Stalking rod on a Harrison blank. A fantastic rod with a sensitive feel, but plenty of back bone when needed.

As above thinking of getting a short t/c decent barbel rod in the near future roughly £70 max any help and advice appreciated.
Thanks

Blimey Wayne it ain't half moving around on here, what with 8 ounces and now Avon type rods, but that's more my scene, love the lighter approach, we are spoilt for choice I guess with these rods, and the Fox Duo Lite comes way up the list, s/h about £50 there was one on ebay recently. Of course Drennan and any Harrison if you can get one for that money.

I recently bought a 1.5 off here, by TFG for £38 but as yet to see it as it's at a mates house:)

I have a Wychwood Extremist 1.5, but alas they are discontinued and I have yet to find another, I love the rod and it handles superbly, bought it with 2 other rods as a job lot, looked everywhere but are as rare as hen's teeth ANYONE?

Really interested what other folk think, as my son is in the market for a 1.5.

Blimey Wayne it ain't half moving around on here, what with 8 ounces and now Avon type rods, but that's more my scene, love the lighter approach

Lol I know two total different types of barbel fishing, it's for a local river which I'm going to do quite a bit of roving on Iv got a 1.75 shimmy beastmaster barbel power which Iv only used twice but I fancy a bit more sport hence the lower t/c and the pegs can be abit daunting, unlike going to the Trent and bivvying up for a few nights with 15ft rods lol.
Regards

Wayne if you can find one the E.T Specimen 12 foot are perfect for such an approach,i've also used it for trotting on the Trent,1.5 tc.

I know it's not 70 pounds and I know the test curve is 1.75 but the Torrix 11ft is superlative. The top section is so nice and supple and the butt has lots of power. To me it's one of those rods that you pick up and just want to go fishing with it. I couple it with a Witcher 1920, great combo. I also have some Hi-s 1lb tc 11 footers which are a bit different.

M

Last edited:
Back