• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Mat/bag

Chris Jones

If anyone remembers the old Korum Multi-mat (a mat/bag combo with handles and a proper carrying strap), have you seen anything similar that's currently on the market? Mine is showing its' age now after years of abuse. It has served me well as hip/back padding when carrying chairs/seatboxes, wet weather gear carrier, roving seat and, occasionally, as an actual fishing mat. I'm going to be rather lost when it does finally give up the ghost.

There is nothing to replace the original multi mat that I know of.

They made an attempt as did avid at mat/bags but they are not anything like the original.

I sent you a link to a possible replacement for what you already have.
Sale isn’t my ad so i don’t know what condition it’s in.

Last edited:
Have a look at this Chris

Do you use it Dave? I like the idea, but concerned about this mat is the tackle box inside the mat will get stinky, is this the case?

Have a look on 'The Tackle Tavern' ( Bicester ) website Chris, they've got one in their preloved section which looks in half decent nick.

It does appear that my choices may be as limited as I suspected

Thanks. Dave. I have seen those before but rather doubt that it's as robust or sizeable as I require for sitting on, padding other carried items, or chucking waterproofs in.

Have a look on 'The Tackle Tavern' ( Bicester ) website Chris, they've got one in their preloved section which looks in half decent nick.

Thanks, Dave.

There is nothing to replace the original multi mat that I know of.

They made an attempt as did avid at mat/bags but they are not anything like the original.

I sent you a link to a possible replacement for what you already have.
Sale isn’t my ad so i don’t know what condition it’s in.

Cheers, Rich.

Back