• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

marukyu

http://www.harefieldtackleonline.co.uk/acatalog/Marukyu.html

i was in the shop, anyone know anything about this company and the products?

Hi David,

They are a long established (and supposedly the biggest) Japanese bait making company, although this is their first foray over here under their own name.

Their gear has been tested by a couple of the maggies recently, and reckoned to be pretty good....the match guys using them certainly had some great results.

However, they do include some unusual ingredients...silk worm chrysalis for one :eek:

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Interesting.

I can see the magazine headlines now 'silk worm chrysalis take fishing world by storm!!'

As you open it up to a flashy double page spread advert for Marukyu baits.;)

Oh they're all starting to cotton on eh!?
Though don't know why I'm taking the p*** as I'll no doubt try them:eek:

I will lay you odds on who used them first though :D

Cheers, Dave.

hmmmmm...in Japan maybe ;)

Buy Best, Buy British :D

Off fishing now... silkworm crush groundbait and silkworm chrysalis hookbaits plus some water snails... no doubt another weekend having to wind in to get some peace and rest the arm from so many tench.... I kid you not! :D

Have a good weekend all..tara :)

'Over 12 months in development and testing!' :D:D:D

Or rather 'stolen idea from Marukya baits!'

Carefull! there is a lot more to this than you'll ever know :D

Show me there tinned natural items, dried naturals for groundbait and stick mixes and freezer boilie range... If you look carefully, the only thing in common is a silkworm groundbait... One item.... :D

not copied.... observed and improved :D

Some of those baits sure smell good, whether that translates to catching fish, time will tell, don,t forget they have been used by testers on carp stuffed puddles where cat poo would catch!!!!!!!
peter

Can't be doing with going into all the scientific speil but basically the baits are developed as sole feed sources for the fish thats marked on the label.....

Will say a mate of mine has been testing them for a while and has slipped me a few KG's of them and the crucian range is very good at tempting tench.;)
Seems looking at rrp's they've gone with the UK price fixing:rolleyes:, as I'm led to believe they mass produce, big time.:eek:

Regards using them for barbel, you'll just have to try em and see.;)

Got some freebies from the rep at my local tackleshop towards the end of last season,there's certainly nothing magic about it.Totally agree with the "cat poo" remark by Peter.If it gives you a confidence edge,then give it a go,but I'll stick to tried and tested.

Pete.

I've tried some of the Marukyu range - more out of interest than any marketing hype - and i've caught fish using them. I should add that i'm not fishing pastie puddles during the 'off' season but a notoriously difficult NW park lake for its tench and bream. It's a large water, crystal clear and full of weed ( Elodia Sp. ) - masses of natural food in there. I chose the Tanishi (watersnail) and Nori (Seaweed) range of baits ( pellets, boilies and groundbaits ) and as already mentioned - caught fish! I'm not suggesting they are wonder baits but if you base a bait on a fishes natural food items you will be in with chance of catching it!

For the barbel only angler i would think the Tanishi range ( watersnail ) and the Kani ( Crustacean ) boilies will catch fish. Certainly won't do any harm!

Interestingly - for those of you checking them out in the shops for the first time - the groundbaits are available in 3 grades fine, medium and coarse - the big stuff feels very 'bitty' in the bag but the chunks soften up when mixed with water and make a lovely fluffy groundbait with large pieces! Also, the Nori soft hook pellets are basically anglers plasticine! You can shape them as you like - tear them in half to make a smaller bait or squeeze them together to make a larger one! I've had them on a hair moulded around a bit of mini fake corn and the will withstand a big chuck and stay on!

Oh - and NO! I don't work for them!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Back