• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Martin James

Robert Beal

Just heard Martin has been honoured on the queens birthday list and has got a well deserved MBE

Congratulations

Great news. Seen the man at a couple of Barbel Society shows and he's very entertaining. Needs to get off of the fence though.

Dave

As a freind of Martin I give him my most sincere congratulations and also thank him for all the fantastic work He has done for the kids and the lads in the forces , cheers Martin

Lovely Man, Martin will always help you, well done its well deserved. Hope to see him up The Wasing soon.

Regards Ray Thorpe

Very well done Martin, great news.

I met Martin while packing up after a fruitless session on the Wasing. After taking the mick out of my 'new methods' he had me fishing a couple of SSG through to a paste bait roaming through the swim. After a number of missed takes I had my first barbel of the day on the bank & also questioning all my tactics.

He couldn't of been more generous, giving me hooks, bait and shot. Turned a bad day into one I will always remember.

Top bloke.

:)

Back