• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Marsh Farm Crucian and Tench

Be happy to meet or if you want a full full day I’ll meet you there let you in and out happy to guest :)
Wow, great offer Daniel. I will take you up on that myself definitely. Let me see how Mark is fixed. Might have to go twice, oh what a shame!. I thought nothing of popping down to Guildford for a meeting from here so although that was a few years ago, age won't stop me now. You need to recover though yourself surely.

after the hell I went though early in the week I needed some relaxing time on the bank, I did take it easy !

Open offer when ever we can fix some dates.

Offer gratefully accepted, but suggest respectfully , in return, we can meet afterwards on way home at the beefeater in Godstone as my guest. Ha, letting my secret locations out now.

after the hell I went though early in the week I needed some relaxing time on the bank, I did take it easy !

Open offer when ever we can fix some dates.
Well done Daniel. Was meant to go 30th but weather 31st Aug for another lake meant the drive was too far just for a day. Great fishing.

We have fixed our first date for next Friday. Are uou likely to be there?
Went today. My pal had loads of silvers fishing worm. I tried everything, on the deck short of dynamite but couldn't get a nibble. Hour and a half to get there acceptable but 3 back wasn't. Expecting difficult to find tench not fishing Dawn and dusk but thought might have luck with the crucians..Never mind, another day.

Slow for me on Monday, I dedicated a day on the float. Not much to report some perch and some roach.

Chap I fish with was on the feeder nice tench and a personal pb crucian just under 3lb on some baits I made him and some paste so happy with that for him.

Whole complex was very slow fishing wise.

Just had a couple of days (3 overnights in bivvy) there. Had 12 crucians (best 2-09) and 12 tench (best 6-02). Couldn't buy a bite on the float but then the wind far outshadowed my ability :D

I don't cast often enough (my pal keeps reminding me) and it's like I still have my big-fish barbel hat on :oops:

My last trip most likely this year to Harris will fish the other waters on my ticket for chub etc

Not much more than some silvers at the moment and perch but what a way to start the morning

Attachments

• IMG_5194.jpeg
    IMG_5194.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 65
Back