• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Marlin and other sport fish

Ken Jones

As I know there are some very well travelled anglers on the site,has anyone ever been to the Cape Verde Islands in pursuit of Blue Marlin.;)
I was recently in the Canaries and was chatting to a chap on the boat about the areas potential and searching the net has thrown up some good possibilities.
Any help/experinces would be appreciated.
Ken.

Cape Verde islands ,aren't they upstream of Linton on Ouse locks Ken ? Some big fish up there in the deeps but not heard of any decent Marlin coming out this season :D

Have a look at the Leadertec website, go to destinations, boat advertised on there, if you contact "spike", you may get a lot more info! Good place to start.
peter

Thanks lads will have a look.
I have been told the best boat is called the 'Happy hooker'
but every time i goggle it :D:D:D:D
http://www.capeverde-fishing.com
Hope to get out from Gran Canaria in a few weeks,Tuna are running so the elusive Marlin might be about.
Anyway Iam sure Ill have a good day whilst the wife gets a tan top up.:)
Ken

Cape Verde islands ,aren't they upstream of Linton on Ouse locks Ken ? Some big fish up there in the deeps but not heard of any decent Marlin coming out this season :D

You must be using the wrong baits Mike you want to float fish a live freshly caught Burbot anywhere between the sign and Linton Lock.

Back