• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

mainline

I wouldn't worry about the colour of big game spooking fish mate.

I've used it as main line both carping and fishing for barbel and had many a fish on it.

It pretty bomb proof too in my own experience

am i missing the point or got dodgy line off ebay?
i tried the big game one and changed it back to my old trusty maxima chameleon as soon as i got back home

found it was like using wire seemed to end up and just yards of spring like coils and kept coming off the spool and tangling up around the tip of the rod drove me mad in the end
i ditched a spool of it, went in the bin, orrible, it was a flat spool ebay made in japan rubbish..:(

I have just got off ebay a big spool of Big Game Trilene , think I made a mistake with this one, should have been XL and there is a difference in performance the XL is limp with no memory.
This line is OK on a multiplier I guess or possibly big pit reels.

Has anyone used the Berkly SENSATION? its more expensive than the Big Game and XL (about £7 or less for 330m)

I have noticed Go Outdoors are selling it cheaper with the discount applied.

am i missing the point or got dodgy line off ebay?
i tried the big game one and changed it back to my old trusty maxima chameleon as soon as i got back home

found it was like using wire seemed to end up and just yards of spring like coils and kept coming off the spool and tangling up around the tip of the rod drove me mad in the end

i still like the original maxima, it's an old line now, very 80's but still good.

Back