• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

lure rod

Robert Beal

Looking for advice , thinking of doing a bit of lure fishing and want advice on a rod , will be mostly used on Trent and occasional drain or still water

Robert, depending what weight lures you want to cast, the Savage Gear Butch and Butch Light rods are popular among the Lure Angling Society guys.

bob id highly recommend the fox rage range the NRD080 8FT 4-17G DROPSHOT
perfect for perch with the santos reel 2700FD

the 7ft 7 century HPR for me or the majorcraft crostage 7ft 3 hardrock series

The 2 most amazing lure rods i've ever used, nothing even comes close to quality of the century but the crostage is an amazing piece of kit for less than half the price.

been looking at a new korum one Snapper Spin 9ft , am on a budget and it retails at £39 and heard about some one perching with one landing a 20lb pike on it

been looking at a new korum one Snapper Spin 9ft , am on a budget and it retails at £39 and heard about some one perching with one landing a 20lb pike on it

my 2 not the best choice then if your on a budget, what sort of weight are you going to be throwing with it??

unsure as just starting out but reading and looking at lures would think 15g - 40g

have a look at the tronixpro range of rods, good pieces of kit for the money and the awa shima spin series.

As said above though the savage gear bushwacker rods are excellent bits of kit in the 15-50g casting range

Have a look on Harris Sportsmail at the Greys lure rods in the sale. I've recently brought one of the Jerk rods and they are fantastic quality.

Back