• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lunchtime!

Robin Bowes

Came across this recently - superb picture:

426718_455458861211296_689811804_n.jpg

Taken at a lake near York, apparently.

R.

The Photo was taken by a friend of a workmate. I am sure it was actually taken in norfolk.

The posting on Facebook was accompanied by this text:

"Suspected something of interest was going on, but couldn't quite make out what through field glasses. Laid out in the overhang of a tree, local lake, almost fell in with suprise when this lovely lady popped up. Otter, jaws clamped firmly around a Pike's mouth."

I've asked where it came from but no reply. A friend of the guy who posted it said:

"not sure of the lake but it was taken not far from York, Robin."

I'll update if I hear any more.

R.

I suspect that the otter has learned by experience to hold a pikes jaws shut until it can drag it up the bank and deal with it in safety. Otherwise there is a good chance of a biter being bit :p

One has to wonder what mayhem he/they have caused to the stock in the fishery concerned if it's down to risking taking on fairly large pike in it's search for a meal.

Cheers, Dave.

Back